Some time ago, I caught up with a Chief Academic Officer of a Singapore based management institute which is rolling out its first batch of Online Green MBA program in Sustainable Management. He explained why there is a growing need of such a program – “My economics students kept telling me that what I taught them about economics no longer holds true…we talk about these seemingly endless inputs without any significant costs and creating valuable output at the other end”
These students are right. And these students are aware of the current global trends. They know that natural resources have huge value attached to them and that the industrial world extracts trillions and trillions of dollars worth of nature’s services every years to make our lives easier…well easier for a partiuclar section of society, considering that even today more than a billion people go hungry everyday and don’t have access to basic amenities of food, water and shelter.
What is Sustainable Management? (source: Anaheim University)
As companies around the globe face the challenges of sustainability, there is an increasing need for leaders who have the capacity to incorporate strategies for both sustainability and profitability into their businesses to achieve value maximization in a more holistic way.
With environmental issues such as global warming, pollution and the depletion of natural resources threatening our very existence, corporations must learn to reduce, reuse and recycle in order to protect our planet while taking care of people and maximizing profit.
Sustainable management looks beyond short-term quarterly profits, and focuses on long-term gain by incorporating the environmental and social costs of doing business into management decisions.
Who should consider the Green MBA?
The programme is suitable for candidates in the early or mid-career who wants to:
- Initiate sustainability thinking and incorporate them into the business strategies
- Increase profit and the satisfaction of their employees and partners to benefit their companies, community, and planet.
- Executives who want an edge above the rest
- For Sustainable Responsible Investing bankers
- For companies looking to green their supply chains
- For CSR officers documenting the company’s environmental and social impact
- Anyone who wants to be globally competitive
OnlineMBA.com is a comprehensive site filled with useful information for those looking for online courses.
Some of the Institutes offering Green MBA programs:
- Antioch New England-MBA in Sustainability
- Anaheim University, USA
- Bainbridge Graduate Institute
- Bard MBA in Sustainability
- CCA MBA in Design Strategy
- Dominican University
- Erb Institute at the University of Michigan
- Leading Green at Harvard Business School
- Marylhurst University Green MBA Online
- Meridian University MBA
- Presidio Graduate School
- Asian International College
- London School of Business & Finance (LSBF)
- MBA (Business Sustainability) at TERI University
- MBA in Natural Resource Management at Amity School of Natural Resources & Sustainable Development (ASNRSD), NOIDA
- MBA – Energy and Environment at Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB), Pune